View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 05:22 AM
vanessa

Gerbie,

This is a great idea too. I have already told him I need a television in my sewing room. He is going to build a shelf and start looking for one for me. I ask his opinion about colors alot and he seems to like that. He will brag on me when I show him something I have made.

Maybe a bookcase for my quilting books is next.

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Originally Posted by vanessa
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Vanessa, he needs a hobby!!! It's a shame he can't just do something independently while you do. We all need our own space sometimes. That's what I would tell him, really.
I can't give anyone my undivided attention all the time. Did that when my kids were little, now done!
Susan,

You are so right. I wish I could be more assertive when it comes to this. I try to quilt when he is at work too. He only works part-time now and I work full-time. I do love it when I can get some me time but that doesn't happen to often. I will have to work harder on being assertive.

Vanessa
Vanessa, perhaps you can get him to help with the quilting, choosing colors, patterns or helping you cut fabric. Who knows he might even get into quilting. Does he do any type of wood work? Let him know you need some quilt wall hangers, or peg boards or a cabinet or something that will help out. This may get him into a new hobby and allow you to enjoy yours. Just some thoughts. I would go crazy if my DH wanted all of my attention. He has always been supportive.
:lol: