View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Gerbie

I have to add my two cents and more about my DH. He is on his computer a lot and does yard work now more than in the past. He is very handy around the house, electrical, plumbing, and especially electronically. He is an accountant and is currently the assistant County Auditor, after retiring after 33 years from Pennzoil Sulphur Co..
He knows I am going to do my thing, sewing, quilting, and Church activities. After all I have been doing these things for the 40 years we've been married, he has never questioned any of these or complained or even commented about what I have spent. I am not a wild spender so that helps. I am a retired school teacher, and am not one to just sit around. I have always contributed fully to the financial funds, and our children's higher levels of education. We are now empty nesters.
He built me a large thread holder a few years back, I haven't told him that it is really too heavy to use that much and I can't hang it on the wall. I still have thread on it, so he doesn't know the diff. lol Last fall he made some of the wooden quilt hangers, that Nancy's Notions and others advertise for wall hangings. I didn't want to pay their prices, and a friend had, so I borrowed hers for a pattern. We went to Lowe's and he found just what he wanted to make them, hardware and wood. He spent a lot of time cutting them out and hand sanding them. They look just like the ones in the catalog.
We no longer have fabric in our local WalMart and the nearest fabric stores, including LQS is at least 85 miles away, so when we go over there to shop, he usually asks, especially if we have a lot of spare time, "do you need to go by Hobby Lobby, the LQS of WalMart (that store still has fabric). He has even gone by and picked up fabric for me if I can't go with him. I normally don't even have to mention going. Now you can't beat that with a stick folks. This past Sat. We had been to my brother's and took him to the airport. The town with Hancocks was 10 miles back down the road, I mentioned I needed to go to H. and when we left the airport, we back tracked and arrived before they opened. He patiently waited without any remarks, which he never gives, and went in with me, but had to leave because the dyes or something began to bother his allergies, he patiently waited in the car. He is a real keeper, I may just have to keep him for another 40, possibly only 20 for me and 20 for him if we are lucky. lol. He is the love of my life and a true soul mate. Sorry for the long post, but I just got carried away with my bragging, but we Texans tend to to that lol. Gerbie