Old 09-14-2010, 10:18 AM
deema

I finished my first quilt!!!!!!!! It's bound and all loose threads are cleaned up and hidden. It really turned out better than I'd hoped for a first shot. It's FAR from perfect...I like to say it adds character... ;) I learned a LOT making this quilt that I will be able to use when I make the next one (oh yes, there is already a "next one" in the works!).

I had one heck of a time getting that binding done though! Finishing it when sewing to my quilt top (when you sew the two ends together) nearly made me crazy, I must have sewed it together and ripped it apart three times last night, but I did eventually get it. Then I used the Elmer's Glue trick to attach it to the back and SID - WELL, my tension got all screwed up, I ended up with nests on the back big enough for an eagle, I had to tear out my stitching on two whole sides before I realized how bad it was (that'll learn me to check the back as I go instead of half way through!), then take apart my whole machine, clean, oil, wind a new bobbin, re-thread it and voila, sewing like a dream!

So I get that binding done finally, cleaned up my loose threads and....

...throw it in the washing machine...BEFORE taking any pictures of it. It's too late to stop it now...

So I'm sending my prayers to the quilting Gods to please have mercy on me and not let it fall to pieces on this maiden voyage through the "sea"! LOL