View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 AM
trisha

Thanks all....well, some more of the story....when my Mom was 16 she ran away from the orphanage here in Ohio with a friend, and they hitch-hiked all the way to California. They ended up in some rinky dink town with 1 bar and my father was on leave from the Navy. They met, married 10 days later and I was born 2 years later. When I was 2 my mom caught my dad so we left town and came back here. On down the years we all lost touch and I never heard from him again. About 9 years ago I got a card in the mail saying someone was looking for there long lost sister, and just happened to be me. To make a looooong story short, I flew out there a couple of times. My bio father is still alive and married to his 8th...yes 8th wife. LOL
I don't have much use for him but the brothers are all pretty great, especially this one that is coming to visit.
It could have been a made to tv movie with my mom. I often joke with here (she is bedridden in nursing home) that she was such a little slut back in her heyday!!! (HeeHee)
But she has been happily married to my stepfather for the last 57 years so I guess there are happy endings!!
Thanks for all your good wishes.