Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Emma S

I received my order from Connecting Threads. Now the pressure is on. Really don't want to stear any of you wrong. When I purchase solids I almost always purchase Moda. The Connecting threads has a very soft hand but maybe just a little thinner than Moda. That being said sometimes I think quilting fabric is sometimes too thick almost like home dec. I will definitely use this fabric and will probably order more but everyone has different expectations so maybe a first order should be a bit less yardage. One of the colors I ordered was white, I put red behind one layer and could barely see any change in the white. Hope this helps.

In addition I received the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt book in the same package, even though I'm way behind the group on this site, I think I will try to catch up. Their choices of fabrics and colors are really inspiring. My daughter is interested in the book from a historical perspective. She is accusing me of trying to get her hooked on quilting by sneaky methods. Now would I do that?