View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
dar627742

i have been doubly blessed !!my late dh was so handy & re-did my sewing room twice because it wasn't convenient the first time around! i showed him an ad from ja'sfor a cutting table,the pic was 1 1/2in lg & cost $125.he took the pic to his workshop& made one to my needs.i have abck problems so made it to my specs so i don't have to bend over at all!it folds down to13x36& opens to 36x73.all from a 1 1/2"pic!!!anything that would make it easier for me. he passed away in jan of '01
a year later i met another love of my life,a wondrful man,not handy ,but SO thoughtful he amazes me.does almost all my shopping because it's really ahrd for me,took me to paduca on the way home from visiting kids in fl.surprize !knew i was admiring all the antique machines,so scouted out a 1909 singerw/table.went into a fabric shop he had found,let me shop as long as i liked,then came in & said "is that her money?give it back"& pd for everything! found a lamp on clearance,he went back the next day & bought another one for my second machine !
sorry this is so long, but i REALLY did try to shorten it,but could go on ................................
i have been twice blessed w/wonderful men,what are the chances of THAT ?
dar