View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by tess10
They say they have credited my account. But that is not the biggest issue. Where has customer service gone? Does it still exist?????
i'm very confused now, so have some questions if you don't mind.

you still have the table that's damaged and missing parts, yes?

did they credit your account for the total amount you paid?

are they asking you to return the table at your own expense, or are you free to dispose of it however you find most convenient?

i see a few different issues in this case:

1. both shipments arrived damaged. question: did they leave the vendor's warehouse already damaged, or did the shipping complany ruin them? you wouldn't want to file any complaints against the seller if the shipper did the damage (or vice versa).

2. very slow response from the seller's customer service department. valid basis for a written complaint, first to the vendor, and perhaps to the Better Business Bureau.

3. have they refunded all your money? if you are required to return the damaged table(s) to them, are they paying the cost of shipping them back? this is also important. (1) did the seller mak it right (financially) but drive you crazy in the process?; or (2) is the seller driving your crazy and also not making it right financially?

organize your thoughts and write down all the facts and events in their proper order and context. this will help you identify which company owes you money, an apology, or both. if you decide to file complaint(s) with local or state consumer agencies it will be extremely important that you provide accurate facts.

as frustrating as the ordeal has been, you will absolutely need to set aside the emotions so you can deal with it effectively and get the result you deserve. easier said than done, i'm sure, but necessary.

we'd all be madder than the proverbial wet hen in your shoes. but, as your friends, we'll help you sort it out by not piling on with our own empathetic and sympathetic anger. we'll all try to help you with constructive questions and suggestions if you still need them.

please keep us posted and let us know how it turns out.