View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:19 PM
julie

I don't have any pictures of my room yet, I'm hoping for a digital camera for my b-day. But here's my story. When we bought this house 7 years ago, there was a room framed out in the basement. Many discussions were held concerning this room, and what it would become. I never said a word. I was used to working on my dining room table, and having to pick up when company came. Then a couple years ago, our youngest son began to talk of turning it into an audio-visual room. I decided it was time to speak up. I told my DH it would be perfect for a sewing room for me. At first, nobody took me seriously, but eventually Dan realized I was serious. So, to make a long story short, he wired the room, (he's an electrician, I have more plugs than you can imagine!), dry-walled, painted it a sunny yellow, put in a laminate floor, and 2 cabinets. For Christmas last year, our kids and their families got me a 4 foot table that holds my sewing machine. My room is my sanctuary from dealing with a job I truly despise, my 79 year old mother, who thinks quilting is a waste of time, and the world in general. I tell my husband all the time how much I love my room-and him for finishing it for me. I will post pics soon.