View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by colwoods
I used to hang gauze diapers on the line. I loved to see them flapping in the breeze. We had metal T-shaped clothes line poles that had 4 lines. When the drooped we tightened them with a wrench. The only problem was that wasps would make nests in the open ends of the poles. We can't have one now because of HOA rules. I'm tempted to anyway because we back up to a protected woodland preserve and it wouldn't be seen from the street.
In Bend Oregon there is a well to do community up on a place called Awbrey Butte. It suppose to hale itself as a "green community" and they forbid outdoor clotheslines. One lady up there was fined for hanging clothes outdoors. She said she was tired of hanging stuff in the garage cause her clothes would smell like her lawnmower.
Now this so called "green community" is made up of houses at least 3,000 sq. ft. Now, think about the energy it takes to heat and cool those places. Doesn't sound to green to me.

The above mentioned lady since has sold her house and moved to a more clothesline friendly neighborhood.