Thread: Migraine meds
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:17 AM
leatheflea

Well I went to the doc, he's an ass by the way. I told him I didn't want a maintenace drug and he refused to help me till I said I would take the prescription. Then he finally gave me Imetrex and something else thats a maintence drug that I cant afford to fill. I recently lost my job and my insurance has expired. So its back to home remedies. My pop called the other day and told me he read in one of his many books that 1 oz of peppermint in 9 oz of everclear, dap on forehead and temples and back of the neck. Anyone ever tried it? I figure if nothing else I could get rid of the migraine by drinking the homemade peppermint schnopps...LOL.
The headaches are daily now, not migraines just headaches, eyes are always sensitive to light. Sinuses burn like I've sprayed something up my nose. The doc just wouldn't listen. I occasionally get nosebleeds about one every other week or so, sometimes more frequent. Someone here mentioned feverfew but I'm leary of it because of my nosebleeds. I just needed to vent, maybe it will relieve some of the pressure in my head..HAHA. Thanks for listening and let me know if any of you have tried the mixture.