Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Feathers

Oh! Alice, I would so much like to be there for the get-to-gether. I'll be there in spirit and do again want to thank you for taking the hostessing this time. In light of everything that has been going on, none of which was what I thought I'd be doing , it wasn't in the cards for me to do the open house this time.

I had my second emergency hip surgery on the 19th of August to fix the first surgery. When they did the hip the first time there was a crack in the femur that wasn't noticed on the x-rays after surgery so after 7 weeks of PT and I still couldn't put any weight on the leg and I got a bit worried. Went to final dr. appt. on Friday the 13th and the crack had turned into a complete break so I had to do it all over again. Had some difficulty with the anesthesia, they couldn't bring me out of it plus I lost 5 units of blood which necessitated 2 1/2 days in ICU...I'm now home, doing OK but still can't put any weight on my leg at all and won't be able to for another 3 to 4 weeks. My mom also died on the 13th of August so we've been trying to plan a funeral around my surgery and convelescense which did happen Saturday, 9'/11. Things might settle down soon.

I hope all of you enjoy the open house and I hope to be able to make it to the next one. I'd have loved meeting the Doods! Sandy