Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Caroltee

Originally Posted by Annaleehunter
Originally Posted by QuiltingQueen
This past Saturday my LQS shop had a 15% off sale on the employee favorites. They were: Heat N Bond, the rotary cutter, the Easy Angle ruler, the Quilting Puzzles and mine was the forked pins.... we sold out of the forked pins!

The owner loves the beautiful quilting puzzles and we had a bit of a competition for sales that day. Her puzzles vs my forked pins. Every time I would demo the forked pins... they bought them!

Try them... you will love them!
What are forked pins? Hope this isn't a silly question!
quilt Fork Pins - Clover originally made these fork pins to securely hold hard to handle fabrics and soft materials to prevent movement when you are trying to sew them. What a great device for quilt enthusiasts. These pins are small diameter (0.56 mm) and shaped just like a fork. They can be woven into the fabric very easily and because there are two pins in one, they are perfectly parallel in the fabric. These are great for more extacting work where thicker pins distort the fabric. They are actually made from piano wire. There are 35 pins in a snap closed box. They are approximately 2 1/4" long and thinner than the usual glass head quilt pin. If you are making quilts using velvet or velveteen, this is the pin to use. Fork pins are a good investment and handy to have around when you need extra control over your quilt fabric.