View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
donnajean

Try rethreading both top thread & bobbin. Make sure thread is not catching on the top of the spool where the little nick for catching the end of the thread is.

Originally Posted by Joanieu
I am machine piecing and my machine keeps messing up on me. I have cleaned/oiled it, changed needles, plus also changed to size 11 instead of 14 and I still have problems where my machine is locking up on me. I could go just a little bit then the needle shaft would lock up and then I have to mess with the hand wheel to get it to start moving again. I am using thread that was my DMIL's (which I know is quite old, but using it anyway) that I have been using in the past. I have not had this kind of problem before. I also have kept messing with my tensions both top and bottom, but I think I have the tensions correct again. I have had this Singer Simplicity #1306 for 4 1/2 years now and have never had it serviced. Maybe that's what I need... Maybe DH can look at it. My question now is since I have one row done, can I do the rest of the blocks and rows by hand piecing or would that make it weak at the seams since I started with the machine? I will be hand quilting it if that makes a difference. I have been doing this for about 3 days now and I am so frustrated that I just want to do things by hand for now on. :?: :?: