Old 09-15-2010, 02:25 PM
sewcrafty

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
What a powerful story!! I remember that event and praying for all involved. Quilting can be healing.

I have given several quilts to people who are hurting or sick and as I work on them I pray for that person. I make sure to tell them that when the quilt is given.

At the moment I don't have story to share, I am having an emotional day, we are putting one of our dogs down in about 2 hours and all I can think of is memories of her with my children.
Quite right, powerful story indeed!! WOW!!! Glad you hooked up with quilting for whatever reason.

Gayle - I'm soooo sorry for you, I ended up doing that a couple weeks ago and it hurts from the bottom of your heart. {{{HUGS}}}

I started quilting when my son was about 3 yrs old. I didn't have any family around, lived in the country (I use to be a city girl), on a dead end street with only 3 houses (including mine)! Joined a play group for son and a friend (that I met there)talked me into coming to a guild meeting, as I've been a sewer since around 8-9 years old, why not. Needless to say I got hooked!! Found out how much I loved doing hand quilting and applique.

I found hand quilting and applique very theraputic during tough times.