Old 09-15-2010, 02:46 PM
leatheflea

Wonderful story. I picked up the hobby of quilting during bad times. My story is very self absorbing and not something I'm proud of but I will say that after my divorce I made a quilt for my three children of all the fabrics that I had used during our marriage. They were from various projects, curtains, halloween costumes, coverlets. We lost everything in the divorce the house forclosed...times were bad. I lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment with 2 preteen and one teen. Long story short, my kids loved the quilt and used it everyday until I had to store it. you see I had no idea what I was doing I just threw this thing together so the pattern and the workmanship are horrible. They argue over who is gonna get the quilt when I'm gone. So since I had to put it away in storage I told each of them I would make any quilt they wanted. And that began my obsession. And I'm thankful to my ex, little does he know that his leaving brought many good things into my life. And thankful for my children that inspired me to keep stitching. And thankful that I'm still here to see how they've grown and what wonderful people they turned out to be.