Old 09-15-2010, 02:54 PM
loopywren

Originally Posted by Izy
You will never believe it......A PATCHWORK & QUILTING SHOP opened ...15 MINUTES DRIVE FROM MY HOME....WOOOHOOO!!!

So let me tell my story (LOL)....I already mentioned that I went to a very disappointing trade exhibition in the city centre last week, but while there I got speaking to a lady on a craft stall so I asked her if she knew of any other ladies who were interested in Patchwork, only turns out that there is a patchwork group in the next town and to check on the Quilter's Guild website...(why didn't I know to do that???( :roll: )

So I eventually checked the website, found the group, emailed the lady, got a reply, just as she was opening her own shop...unbelievable!!

Went along to the opening yesterday, met LOTS of lovely ladies, but discovered they have a 2-3 year waiting list for the patchwork group which is held in a local church and just doesn't have the space for any more members...so asked why can't we start a spin off group???? Well what a good idea that is, came the response from many, so we asked the owner of the shop...can we rent your upstairs room? Yes, she said I will even put tables up there for you!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOO I am going to be member of a new patchwork group, when I return from our holiday...I so can't wait!!

I am doing the very happy dance today!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thats wonderful Izy such good news for you, and starting your own group Wow!!!