Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 PM
thelondonzoo

Originally Posted by JCquilts
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Originally Posted by JCquilts
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
That's beautiful! So you didn't fold down the edges prior, right? That's what hand-turn applique means?
Yes, that's right, you turn under about 1/2 inch at a time usinsg your needle to turn and your thumb and finger on the other hand to lightly finger press and hold in place as you stitch it down.
I imagine it takes Lots of practice. lol I can just imagine getting very frustrated. It's a good skill to learn though and one I absolutely plan on trying someday soon.
Well, applique is not something that you learn in one sitting. There are always more techinques to learn,,sharp points, smooth curves, circles, narrow stems, sharp Vs and then there is deminsional, like rouching, folded rose buds, etc etc..

But it doesnt take long to learn the basic invisable stitch.. and once your fingers know how to do this, you can concentrate on the other things..
Are you trying to give me a heart attack? :wink: lol You gotta start somewhere, right? I'm going to work on a little applique block probably by the end of next month once I have all my swaps out of the way.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-10-2019 at 02:44 AM.