View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 PM
scoobertina

Originally Posted by aborning
Originally Posted by scoobertina
I am travelling to St. Cloud and Forest Lake next week, I won't have a lot of time but I would love to stop by a quilt shop or two..

Does anyone here have a favorite quilt shop in either of these two cities?
Yes, St. Cloud is a wonderful town. Even though I live 2 hours from there, that is where I go to shop when I need to get to a large town for shopping. Like everyone else said, Grubers Qult Shop is wonderful. I think there actual address is Waite Park But they are located directly behind the CrossRoads Mall which is on Division Street. Mill End Textiles is located just a coule blocks from there. I also always go to Crafts Direct (also with an address of Waite Park--and is located by Menards and the Pepsi plant). Gruber's is a wonderful Quilt Store. I know not to even go in it if my budget doesn't allow for any quilting material when I am in St. Cloud--as they have so much that it's hard to get out of the store without buying something! Enjoy your MInnesota visit.
I grew up in St. Cloud.. I remember Hancocks being near Crossroads.. I am not sure they are still there.. I left in '83.. I will also check out Crafts Direct.. I know I will be mailing fabric home.. lol.. or finding a place in my carry on for it.. I am really excited about Grubers though.. thank you again.. I am excited to be "home" again