View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 AM
zyxquilts

OK, I'm a bit loopy today - well, more than usual! LOL
I did NOT SLEEP at ALL last night! Not even little naps! UGH! I've been working on a challenge quilt for my guild - "Black & White & ______ All Over". The guild supplied a 6" square of black & one of white fabric, we could add ONE other color - any tint or tone in that color range, as well as any gray between black & white. The name of mine is "Black & White & Read All Over", and I've used blues as my 3rd color. (That will make sense when I post a pic of the end result - I think!) I worked on it for HOURS yesterday, and my brain would NOT shut off when I finally went to bed at 1:30 this morning. I read until about 2:30, turned off the light....and sewed & rearranged it in my head, figuring out how to do & that on it...oh, did I say it needs to be completed by Thursday night's guild meeting?....tried all my regular go-to-sleep tricks, no matter what, went back to that darned thing! So at 3:30 I got up & cleaned the cat box so I wouldn't have to do it when I get home tonight (trash day tomorrow), then read for about another hour. Tried to nap at least until my music came on at 5:00 - no luck. If I could have actually SEWED while I was trying to sleep, this thing would be an absolute MASTERPIECE!! LOL But I know better than to try THAT...I do LIKE my fingers attached as they are! Anyway, managed to make PB & J's for breakfast & lunch & made it to work (and am working so hard, can you tell?), but who knows if I'll make it all the way thru the day! I'll give it my best shot!
Anybody else done this lately???

sue....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz