View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Yankee Quilter

Originally Posted by mzsooz
Today was my sew day at my friends house. Last night I had my flynn frame knock off all set up with my sewing machine. I had run the needle down through the quilt and pulled the bobbin thread up and just left it like that. Later I went down to pack up my sewing machine and proceeded to just slip the quilt frame off the machine and pack it up.

Well, this morning I asked my DH to please go downstairs and carry my machine up for me and put it in the car. So..he did. All of a sudden I hear my DD screaming OH NO!!! DAD STOP!! Turns out that I forgot to undo the thread that was in the quilt. The thread went around the corner of my sewing room, down the hall, upstairs through the kitchen, around the corner to the Living room, out the front door, down the steps and then along the sidewalk to the driveway and then wrapped around the car to the back where it was hanging out of the car with the hatch door down!! :lol:

When I got to my friend's house later the bobbin was completely empty! We all had a great laugh about that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you had to have been there.......... :lol:
Oh my, I have been there. My spool of thread fell off the machine as I left my condo. Most of what happened to your bobbin thread happend to my top thread. The main difference was, I got into the elevator in my building with my machine and my sewing supplies and while I was riding down 3 flights I noticed this odd piece of thread hanging across the elevator doorway that I had just entered. The tread never broke, just kept unwinding as the elevator went down. I finally realized what happened and retraced my steps. Found the spool right near my condo door, still had some thread on it. Really funny.