Old 09-16-2010, 09:02 AM
natalieg

A quilting friend of my mom's ran over her finger with the sewing machine needle and had an infection so badly that she lost her fingertip from it. I never thought something so small could do so much damage.
I prewash my fabric due to allergies to the chemicals. Now that I have been doing that, I immediately notice the difference when I walk into a LQS or Jo-Anns. I thought it was odd that I never noticed that before as being a trigger, but when I would be around my fabrics every day, I guess I was around it enough that walking into a LQS was really no change. If I would have taken a few days here and there away from my fabrics, then walked into a LQS, I might have been able to pinpoint it faster. At least now I know what my trigger is.
Incidentally, I just got my gallon of Mary Ellen's Best Press in and used it yesterday to press several pieces of fabrics to prepare for cutting. I love it-it works great, but dried my throat and nose out enough to make me cough up a storm. I am going to call them today and see if it has the chemical that I can't handle in it. If so, I will sell it to a local quilty friend and maybe try a small bottle of their free and clear one.