Old 09-16-2010, 09:17 AM
knlsmith

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
Next time you hold a dollar bill in your hands think about how many stipper buttcracks its been in. Are you going to wash it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, but that line totally made me crack up laughing (no pun intended?), although it's kinda gross to think about. ;)

I don't wash any of my fabric, because most of what I have was given to me and is smaller, almost scrap size. Well, that and I've never been very concerned about germs. I was raised on a farm, and, well, germs have just never bothered me.

With that said, I do think it's a different matter entirely if you're doing something for a swap.
Me too. Nothing like wearing your dad's oversized rubber boots in the winter out to the lot, slipping on ice witha puddle of pe on it.... SPLASH! happened more than once. LOL Is that what they mean by good ole days???

I rarely get sick and neither does my daughter. I believe you play hard and work hard all day, wash your hands often, and take a shower/bath before bed.

I do, however, agree that some people have terrible allergies and need to take more precautions. i wash all my quilts before they are given to the new owner.