Old 09-16-2010, 09:24 AM
mshawii

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
I am just wondering. I love to go to sales every Sat I can. I have found so many wonderful items over the years. I truly feel blessed as this past weekend I found an embroidery machine for $50 in great working condition. A Brother PE 150. I know it is a bottom line but we all have to start somewhere. I have found wonderful fabrics & notions as well. But I feel this was probably my best quilt related bargain.
Mine aren't garage sales, but freebie's. First one was from a PEO sister, who had an old machine in her garage for 20 years, and had lost the key to even get into it. She knew I sewed so she asked me if I wanted it. I told her yes and so I went and picked it up. Turned out it was a bentwood case with a Singer Centenial issue.
The second one was a lady who judges dog shows came to me and said she needed a lining of a skirt shortened, and if I was interested, she had a sewing machine that she had gotten when she got married, and her Mother in law had bought it for her because she felt every household should have a sewing machine. This gal had never opened the machine up so it is off the showroom floor new. Probably a late 50's Singer. Not sure of the date or even how much either machine is worth. The last machine only needed a damp cloth to wipe the dust off and I oiled it, and the cover needed soap and water to clean it. Both are heavy weight machines to carry, but sew like a dream. Both have the boxes of about 12 attachments.