View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:08 PM
MzMcKee

Singer Futura SES2000
Journal September 16, 2010

I ordered this machine from HSN on Monday this week under the free standard shipping. I got a shipping notification in my email yesterday the 15th and it was signed for today the 16th. First comment, HSN has awesome delivery.

I photographed the entire packing placement in the event I decide to return the machine and it’s components.

I first used the list and made sure all the parts listed were received. 100%

Using the Quick Start Guide I set up the machine to sew, wound a bobbin, threaded the machine and made a few passes with the straight stitch using different lengths.

First stitch review. The machine is a bit noisier then my brother machines. But it does sew a very nice stitch. The tensions are factory perfect. I personally try never to be in a position to have to adjust the tensions.

At this time I set up my laptop in an area closer to the machine. Took a break to watch the enclosed DVDs. They are all pretty basic and cover information I have already found on the Internet in my research. However, they are very good for a beginner. The Ready Set Sew DVD is especially helpful for the person who has very little experience with a sewing machine. It goes over the basic of what can be found on all machine brands.

Going back to the Quick Start Guide I have attached the Embroidery Unit and I am getting ready to install the software to my laptop.

The software installed easily. At the end there was an option to watch a tutorial. I watched it. And finished the software installation.

Going back to the Quick Start Guide, I followed the instructions to secure material in the embroidery hoop. I placed the hoop on the machine. My computer was on so I connected the USB cable to the computer and to the machine. I turned the machine on as directed, flip the on switch. I then attached the hoop. Only then did I double click on the software icon. Because it was my first time to open the software it ask me if I wanted to stitch out a test item. I did. And it stitched perfectly. On this test I did not change colors.

It is my goal to use this machine at least daily for the duration of my 30 trial. And that includes changing colors. I will document my work here so that you can have a first person review of this machine. Of course other may have different results. They will be using a different machine and they are different people who interpret instructions differently. But I still hope this is helpful to those considering a Singer Futura All in One Machine.