Thread: FART trip
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Lynnejean

If you don't know FART stands for fabric acquisition road trip.

Today Melinda from Tulsa my fellow member of this QB and I took off early this morning and visited 3 out of town quilt shops. We drove through beautiful farm land and arrived at The red barn quilt shop at Barnsdall Oklahoma around 10:00 am. It was a beautiful shop with lovely accomdations for retreats in the middle of the countryside next to a lake. BEAUTIFUL SETTING!!! We spent money and off we went to the next shop in Pawhaska. Another shop with a lovely woman named Wanda running it. Wanda has a longarm business and we watched her do some lovely work while we were there. We spent money! Then off to the 3rd stop in Sand springs, OK called the best little quilt shop. I got my best deal here. We spent money.......:-) Are you getting a theme here...LOL We rounded out with a trip to our local JoAnns and then ate dinner out and then we finally made it home and we exhausted and thrilled with our trip. We never got lost thanks to Melinda's GPS and didn't spend to much money. We had a GREAT time! I hope to meet more of the oklahoma quilting group from this board. Melinda and I are best sewing buddies now and quilt together each week. What a blessing this board has been for me. It helped me meet Melinda. :-) Below is a picture of Melinda and I. I am the one wearing the flowery top. The other picture is what I bought. There is another panel of pheasants under the duck panel.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72758.jpe   attachment-72792.jpe