Old 08-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by nor'easter
I thought you meant FREE swatches, like some other retailers send. Hancock's does sell a moda marbles color card for 18.98 http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-MMBL-CRD I have one and it is helpful, but a one inch square of a mottled fabric does nor always give you a true picture of what a four inch square will look like. Just so you know.

Another thought would be to see if Craft Connection has what you want. They DO send free samples of fabrics you want to see "in person". This is from their website: "Unlike other online stores, we do send free snippets if you send us a self-addressed stamped envelope, and tell us the codes for the fabrics you need (no snippets of Ultrasuede or fleece). That way you can see the exact colors of the fabric before you buy. We hope this will work reasonably well for our customers." They, also, are an excellent place to do business and I order from them frequently. Their shipments take much longer to get to me, but you are a lot closer to Colorado than I am. http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Ta...m&Step=Fabrics
There's places that have free swatches? :? I've seen a few places that will give you swatches for $.25 each or a whole bundle for a certain amount (like Dharma Trading Company will give you samples of all their cottons and the other types of fabric or the whole fabric selection for a certain price.)

Actually, I'm not even sure what I need right now. I just got a rough idea. I want watercolor/marble batiks or prints. I'm guessing I will need anywhere from 30 to 80 different colors for all of the wallhangings. I haven't gotten around to counting all the colors yet...right now all I know is that my green one has 12 or 13 colors (not including the black "leading"). Let's see...there's a green one, a blue one, a purple one, a yellow one, one with brown/earthy tones, two red/rust/orange ones, and one multicolored one. I think I got 'em all. I'm going to try and match all those colors with all the paint samples I swiped from Wal-Mart so that way I don't have to keep on going back to the game every time I want to match a fabric with a color I need.

So Craft Connections might not be able to help until I figure out my colors. Unless they'd be okay sending an order of swtaches of every single water color fabric they have. lol. But thanks for the link. It might come in handy.