Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

I made it through those...but they were hard. Here is some info on what I did since we haven't posted the week yet.

G1- I made 2 - 4 patches. I then traced that odd shape onto freezer paper for a template. The 1st 4 patch became the background and I used the template on the 2nd 4 patch to make an applique pattern.

E-11- I printed the block and traced that center design onto freezer paper. I cut a plastic template for the circle and appliqued the circle down, then appliqued the funny star looking piece on top of the circle. I then appliqued the qrt. circles on the corners using freezer paper method.

G7- This took a little bit to figure out I didn't like the way thatquilt blog did it either. I paper pieced the entire background minus the pie shapes. I then appliqued the pie shapes onto the background.

I talked to Lesley about this one. She had a better idea. She cut out a circle larger than what is shown..then cut it into 4 sections. Iron the curve side under, then insert the 4 sections in as you are piecing the background section together. Sew the curves down. Either of these 2 ways will work out..and I'm sure there are even more ways to do it too.