View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 PM
MzMcKee

September 16, 2010 Evening

I went out tonight and got some basic supplies. Who wants to wait till tomorrow for the next pattern!

The first hoop I set up I read the software wrong and proceeded to re-stitch the same section 4 times. So, exit, turn it off and re-hoop. Lets start over.

I had two beep issues. One was a “broken thread”. So I learned that when threading the machine you need to listen for two clicks in the tension area. If your didn’t hear two clicks or are not sure, floss the thread back and forth in the tension area. That was the first and only time I had the broken thread error. So far.

The second beep issue happens a few times, but I learned a few things with it. The error indicated that I was using a small hoop for a large hoop design. I wasn’t, but you know that. This machine does not like it if you put the hoop on with out its knowledge, that would mean placing the hoop while the machine is off. And it doesn’t like to have the hoop placed if it’s not ready for it, that would mean when the carriage is in any position but the stand by position or start position. This is the same position it places the carriage when you first turn the machine on.

More on placing the hoop. When you place the hoop under the thumbscrews, don’t force it. If the hoop “pops” out and you have to push it back in and force it to stay there while you turn the thumb screws (that sounds a bit like torture don’t it) it will not work. You’ll get an error message and have to start over again. Remove the hoop (machine still on) turn off the machine, turn on the machine, machine confirms stand by position, and now place the hoop. Instead of trying to force it into place, give it a little gentle support on the other side and move it into place. If it stays there naturally, you’re in a good place and can now tighten the screws.

A couple of times, after a thread change, I had the hoop error again. I changed the thread, removed the hoop, turn off, turn on, placed the hoop and pressed continue on the computer. And all was well again.

Here Kitty Kitty.... Kitty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92678[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-92673.jpe