Old 09-16-2010, 08:19 PM
burnsk

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Izy
Hmmmm I think you are right about financially dangerous, think I will have to leave my purse (wallet) at home tee hee!!
You may be able to kid yourself the first time you do that, but I BET the next time you go, so does the purse (including wallet). Yep - tried that too - unsuccessfully.
Here in U.K., we call a wallet a purse, and a purse a handbag...LOL, quirks of languages LOL!! I DAREN'T start spending money on quilting shop fabrics...or the boss will have my guts for garters LOL!!!
I love your quirky language and it does take a bit getting used to. I stayed in New Market for 3 weeks with my daughter when she lived there (USAF). I loved that the little towns were: a church, a store/market/bakery/post office/etc., a cemetery, and a pub. We went to the local pub one night and they were shooting darts. Someone asked where "John" was and was told, "He got so pissed last night he's still recovering". Oh, my gosh, I thought, what did he get so mad about that he's still mad? Well, discovered that what he actually got was drunk. What a word for drunk.

Got into a conversation with one of the locals and told him my son shoots darts and he'll be along shortly. "What's his name" he asked and I told him, "Randy". Well, after he snorted his beer and got over his laughing fit, he explained that "Randy" means 'horny'. Oh my goodness. So when my son walked through the door I rushed over to him and told him that if anyone asked his name he was to tell them it was "Randall". I had so much fun and the people were so friendly. Made a lot of wonderful friends and we still keep in touch.