Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 PM
madamekelly

I got up this morning to find DH missing from his side of the bed. A few minutes later, he comes in the front door to tell me he could not sleep, so he was going to load all his valuable metal into the truck and finally recycle it. Whoopee! I've been after him to get it out of the yard for the past year, so I was thrilled. I decided to make him his favorite hot cereal to celebrate. So there I am preparing his cereal, having a cup of tea, Trying to wake up. (I am so not a morning person...). I opened the door to let him know his breakfast was ready, and I hear my sweet, mild mannered, DH letting loose a string of profanity that would make a mechanic blush. I quietly closed the door saying nothing. I figured I would let what ever it was, blow over, then talk to him. I just walked back in to enjoy my tea, sitting in the side of my bed.
About this time, he came storming in, furious, saying nothing. I like to be a good DW and not bother him when he is mad, I'm not that stupid. It happens so rarely that I was a bit shocked at his language, so I kept quiet.
He walked around saying dammit!, dammit!, dammit!, under his breath. When he sat down with his coffee, I finally said 'Do I dare ask?
He said very tense and calm (you know the tone), "I just busted the window." Stupid me says "I did not hear any glass break in the house".
He turns bright red again, and says quietly "The truck window".

Now at this point I will let you know two things, he has a new bed liner that does not fit smooth, and he recently downgraded our comprehensive coverage so our deductible was higher, to save a few bucks.

I kept a straight face, and replied " How did it break?" He said "Oh, I tossed a piece of pipe into the truck bed, and it actually bounced up and hit the window." You would be so proud of me, I calmly called the insurance company and reported the problem, called a friend in the auto glass business, and said to DH "there dear, it is all taken care of".

I made arrangements to get it fixed, helped him tape the shattered glass up. so he could drive to work tonight, Made his lunch and sent him to work. As he rolled out of the driveway, I lost it! Mwahahahaa!

When he changed the insurance, he raised the deductible to $500.00.
The window replacement will be $480.00! If you deduct what he made off of the recycled metal, ($25.00) and the savings so far in the insurance for the past two months, ( $26.00), His cheaper insurance just cost us $429.00! I just love men's logic.

Do you have any idea how hard it was to keep a straight face in the middle of all this?! My cheeks still hurt, from biting the smile back all day! Gotta lov'em! And how was your day?