View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 04:51 AM
sewTinker

I am currently living outside of nashville. Have been Happily married for 34 years; two children, three grandchildren; one german shepherd; two sewing machines.

It's been a little over two years since I've really done any quilting - a few projects, but only here and there - and none in this year. I "moved," in 2008, to my hometown in california to care for my darling mom-in-law and stayed with her six months; when I returned home, my husband (who remained here during that time) had begun using my sewing room to store some work product (in addition, he moved two cupboards into it and filled them with files and equipment - worked related), and then with all of the inherited items from my beautiful mil (boxes and boxes of collector dolls, plates, photo albums...), well, we had no other place to keep them until we could sort through - and that was the End of my sewing room. lol... It was difficult to maneuver in there!

It is a window-less room off of our basement level family room. I dragged my sewing table into the family room, but I just wasn't able to function and make it all work for me. I couldn't even get to the shelving on the back wall that held my a lot of my fabric! woe was me... The joyful pleasure was missing.

so... This Week we cordoned of an end of our (long) bedroom, and turned it into my quilting corner! DanceDanceDance!!! I am sooo happy. It is Wonderful to re-visit my fabrics, my books, my tools, and my machines. I still have a lot to do until it is set to go - still putting away fabric and such - but I am near finishing, and it is a Pleasure to be back in That world. (and, whoa!, didn't realize how many many ufo's I have - blush...)

In a few days, I will take and post photos of my new set-up.

sorry - long intro. lol... but, as you can see, I am Excited!!! I hope to be an active member of this board. I am Loving the inspiration here. Thank you Google. :-D