Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Lori S

Originally Posted by janRN
I'm tired of the emphasis being "quick" and "easy". Where's the challenge in that? I know today's world is fast-paced but quilting is supposed to be relaxing and each quilt I do I expect it to be more challenging than the last one. Sure sometimes you need a quick project- a last minute baby gift or something like that but not everything has to be done in a week-end.
As for bags and purses, I've made them and seen some lovely ones, but I'd rather they were in their own magazine.
I haven't bought a new mag in a year (I previously posted about them being in plastic grrr) and prob won't buy any in the near future.
You are right on with the comment about fast and easy .... I have had my fill of all the "fast and easy" . How about they put a breath taking , show stopping quilt on the cover?!!! And oh yeah ... give the pattern and directions. I 'll buy it if for nothing else than the thought of "someday". I beleive a magazine issue is truley successful when I just could never part with it, or there are holes in my copy because I have cut and pinned to my inspiration board.