Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Suzanne57

Originally Posted by Homespun
Originally Posted by Ybridgegal
Reading thru the posts the only thing I didn't see is to be sure you use the WHITE glue sticks and not the colored ones. The dye in the colored ones will distort the fabric and if you accidently go over the quarter inch you may not be happy with the results. When Walmart had the back to school area all of the glue sticks were colored....buyer beware. I do use it for applique..works great for holding things in place and no oweeees.
I read the earlier reply about using glue sticks. I was going to Wally anyway so picked up 6 glue sticks--25 cents for two--they were the purple ones and I started using them to glue down my WIP -- the Nativity scene -- then I read this one and I freaked!!!! Oh, no, have I ruined all my work? I check--looks ok-- so continued on. It is laying on my kitchen table waiting for the black lead bias tape to arrive. It looks fine. ???
I use the washable purple glue that dries clear and have had no problems, even with light colored fabric. I do heat set the glue with an iron and if it's not put on too thick, it will peel apart if necessary. I usually use white washable glue with a small tipped bottle for most seam gluing and the purple for gluing paper to fabric for paper piecing.