View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Pzazz

This has a been a crazy week. Monday, my DH had a scheduled colonoscopy...this was a follow up to make sure a removed polyp had not grown back...again. It had, for the third time!! so they had him come back on Tuesday for surgery to remove about 8-10" of his colon. He is doing as well as would be expected after major surgery. He will be in hospital for 5-8 days, so we are thinking maybe to come home next Monday or Tuesday.

Since he is in a hospital in another town, I haven't had much computer time after commuting there and back after work, and no 'puter while sitting in waiting rooms for a couple of days. I did take advantage of the wait time on Tuesday. Since I knew it would be a long day, I took some hand quilting with me....got most of a carpenters' wheel put together. :)

We are expecting our first frost tonight, so I have been getting the last of the above ground veggies picked. Got the last of them last night. I will go home at lunch today to pick the apples. After that, only root veggies left...and they can wait. My GF offered to come help me with that.

Oh...AND I have no heat in my house!!!! We replaced our hot water tank this summer, and have not moved the plumbing from the old tank for the under floor heat. Plus, we had the furnace set to "no heat" over the summer, and I don't know how to change that. I bought a space heater yesterday. LOL

So...I am taking advantage of a quiet moment at work to reconnect with all of you.

Hugs, my online friends.

Patti