View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 AM
lazyquilter

RETREAT! Oh my gosh. There is a retreat that I have wanted to go to for at least the last ten years and it's never going to happen. I am delighted for anyone that can gather up what they can and actually go. In speaking of machine, I finally got my serger sold and took part of the money and purchased a Jenome 2010. Was able to get new for an amazing price. I really had been wanting to get a light weight machine for being to take to my friend's house I have been about to,. it's so much more enjoyable to be able to have the two of working on a project together. I double checked this machine out and it is computerized, and has an amazing number of stitches, etc. but half the weight of my 630. I had looked at the Baby Locks several times, but I figured why? My 630 does everything and more and with the exception of the stitch width there is no problem. Granted the new machines are coming out now with deeper throats and wider stitch widths but that doesn't seem worth the cost of getting a new machine over what I already have, Now I am
waiting for my 430 to move. I watched on E-bay the indendical 430 as I have, and I have added the quarther inch foot with edge and the walking foot.. sold for $2001.00. I also saw the complete Module, software, etc. to use with the 430 and it flew out for $1,000. 8 bidders on the 430 and 6 on the embroidery package. So I am hoping as I have mine priced a good bit lower then that. I'm hoping.