View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 AM
burnsk

Hi all, Started this topic so we can keep all the information in one spot. I was getting confused jumping around the threads. LOL

We are planning some Michigan Get-togethers. All the excursions are open to all board members. If you are visiting Michigan from out of town when we have an outing, by all means please join us. By meeting in different cities around the state we are hoping to make gatherings more convenient. By posting here on the board we are hoping to encourage member get-togethers in different areas and give us a chance to meet, share, and make new friends. It's always fun to put a face with a name. I won't be able to make all the get-togethers but will be at the ones I can. Maybe some of our Ohio and Indiana friends can make some gatherings, too.

Craftybear is coordinating October 19th in Shipshewanna, Indiana. Let her know if you plan on going and she will add your name to her list. We are trying to get a carpool together for Michiganders going.

Does this sounds like a plan for October or early November:
Meet at Creative Quilt Kits - 8599 W. Grand River, Brighton
(this is where raspberryparade09 works)
Next stop will be Monarch Quilts between Brighton and Howell (2100 Grand River Annex, Brighton)

We can have lunch at: Grand River Grill, 2394 Genoa Business Park Dr, Brighton
It is just before Monarch Quilt shop by PDQ printers. It has a green roof and large windows.

Then we take off to:
The Stitchery, 1129 East Grand River Avenue, Howell
Wendy's Simple Stitches, 1122 Pinckney Rd./S. Michigan Ave, Howell
There's also a wonderful little shop in Pinckney, if we have time:
Jennifer's Quilt Shop, 149 N Howell St.

We need to pick a date.
Remember the 19th is the Shipshewanna day trip and Oct. 9 - 16th is not good for Creative Quilts Kits. Keeping these dates in mind, what is a good date for everyone? Does the 26 (Tue) or 30 (Sat) of October sound possible?

Grammo013 is looking into a MI retreat for us also. She will give us more info as she gets it.

Hope I remembered everything. If not, please fill in the blanks. Thanks, Kathy