View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 11:30 AM
catrancher

Originally Posted by CRH
Originally Posted by zyxquilts
Originally Posted by cjomomma
When I had cats they were trained not to get on counters, tables and dressers. They knew they could lazy around on the beds and couches. It is just a matter of training them not too.
OK, I am laughing so hard here....
I thought that zzyzx the cat was 'trained' not to jump on the kitchen counters, etc. too. She always had a collar on her with a bell, so that I would know where she was & wouldn't step on her.) One day I happened to walk into the kitchen ~ must have been walking very softly ~ and caught her on the counter! Never did figure out how she jumped up there without ringing the bell!!!
What she was *actually* trained to do, was not be on any of the tables or countertops when I was looking !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My cats have always been trained to stay off counters and dining tables. Still, sometimes when I approach, I hear them hit the floor as they jump off of something. Our old kitty, who's no longer with us, got a little dingy in her old age. (Just like the rest of us.) Sometimes I'd walk into the dining room and see her lounging on the table as bold as you please. I don't know if it was because she felt more entitled in her old age or if she didn't know the difference. I have the feeling it was the former.