View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Dee Dee

I agree. It was hard for me to find $30 worth of benefit for me personally. For other quilters it may be well worth it. I just don't have enough time to watch all the show and participate in the other things.

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i had thought about this but when i really started thinking about the benifits i did not think i would really take advantage of enough of them to make it pay for itself. most of the stuff you can already get for free and as far as watching the show? well, if you tend to be on the computer watching utube videos or others frequently it may be worth it...i would miss most of the shows. so after tossing it around for weeks i finally just decided to not waste my money on another year long subscription that 2 or 3 months from now i probably will not even look at. i am sticking to my guns and not subscribing to any year long anythings for awhile, it has seemed like such a waste in the past couple years. there are so many different free sites. the first year Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms had the quilt show i joined...but i really did not have time to put in too much. if you are a stay at home person with lots of time on your hands it may work out better for you, but for me, i just do not have time to keep up with it all, it is much easier to just go find what i want for free, when i want it, not when someone else makes it available.
just my feelings on the matter.