Old 09-17-2010, 03:51 PM
barnbum

How exciting!!! Congrats on this fine accomplishment. :-D

In the author part I don't thing southwest should be in a cap unless it's the name of your town and of course there's a space needed before volunteers and that should not have a cap either.

I self published a book in 1992--Thought on Being a Mommy--it's available at the local bookstore and through me--last page of my website. It takes a lot of time to promote your book, but it increases sales for sure. I found the best way to promote mine was to do talks. I talked with Girl Scout troops, classrooms, and library groups. The later was the best as they bought every book I took and I had orders for more. :-D The Enrichment teacher asked me if I'd be willing to talk to all the 4th graders (300ish) about being a writer-and that'll be fun. I've been selling some here and there--just mailed another off today. Once I retire I'll work harder at getting a publisher to take it on--with the addition of everything I've written since it was published added to it.

I also want to do a book of poems for 4th-6th grade teachers--ones that help kids learn how to find free verse poetry hiding in their days. I'm started that--and know a publisher who would be interested. But, there's just no time now. Sigh.

Congrats, again and good luck when it comes out! :thumbup: