View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 AM
vicki reno

Wehad a small group through my church once upon a time. We met once or twice a month and it was mostly show and tell. The quilts wnt to Birth Choice and the Christian life home (unmarried mothers home. Well another lady joined. then things changed. She said she didn't have time to come and just visit. So we drugmachines up to the church. then she decided we needed to meet twice a month. So we met twice a month. then it got to where I was quilting withe 3 people----me, myself and I. No one else was showing up. When I called each person, they had all decided that it got to be too much. When I contacted the new person, she said that she couldn't come anymore because her boss (she worked at a fabric store) had organized a group and she was going over there.

I guess my point is that this group is very warm and welcoming. No one tries to bully or police us, other than to ask us to be polite and not vulgar (just common courtesy) Everyone is always willing o help and encourage each other--no criticism, just support. I hestitated to join because I was afraid it would be like the group at the church. Everyone was in awe of this lady because she worked a a fabric store in town. They figured she must be something special. But everyone here realizes that we are all united in our love of qulting and all share our joys and sympathize in our not so perfect endeavors . And I appreciate all of you I have a new enthusiasm for quilting and have made some wonderful friends besides. Who could ask for anything more? Except maybe lots of money, good looking men and chocolate :!: :D :D :D