View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 06:48 PM
lazyquilter

When fabric was moving over $9.00 a yard, and I am a fabric diva, I started to cut back and I hated to have to give up some of my more favorite online quilt shops. I only have two lqs left and the they are both at least 30 minutes away and their prices are always on the high end. Plus in the years that I have buying fabrics from the several fabrics shops that Les would take me to, field trip day.. I began to see a trend. The fabrics that were carried, while a lot of the new groupings here and there, their order actually what they personally liked. I have one shop I love, but 1/2 of her shop is Thimbleberries, another is more battiques, and a strange mixture that leaned toward the modern and chic. And none of them would carry the entire line. I would go in with the perfect pattern and want this particular line of fabrics and colors and they wren't there,. I asked, did you sell out all ready? No.. we only ordered what we thought would sell. Okay.... but online I am finding that a collection is easier to complete instead of having to mix and match and it was enjoyable. But that price is just creeping up and I'm thinking well it's only another 10 cents a yard and then I look at it again and it's now 50 cents a yard more. Thank heavens for my overstock pantries of fabric and my stacks of plastic containers, not to mention the bins under the dining room table (covered by an oversized table cloth...