Old 09-17-2010, 10:47 PM
sew cornie

This has been an interesting thread to read. I relate in both the allergy and staph issues. I always wash all fabrics. My asthma and sensitive skin don't mix well with chemical exposure. Unfortunately my kids have inherited these things from me. I think chemicals have their purpose and aren't all bad, but my family doesn't need the excess in our bodies. We breathe and feel better without them.

As for staph, my now 6yo son was diagnosed with MRSA at 9 days old - this is one of the Superbug staphs. Eleven days, 2 spinal taps, a CT scan, 2 MRI's, daily blood draws, and one surgery later, we were able to bring him home. He had another 3 weeks of antibiotic regimen both through a picline directly into his chest, then by oral doses. Never determined the source. I do believe antibiotics and antibacterials have contributed immensely to the rise in resistant staph infections.

Along with the chemicals we try to avoid the anti-stuffs. Just think we're better off without them and don't want to add to the greater problem.