Old 09-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by Candace
Since you just had the top done, can you count the layers of stablilizer used underneath? There should be some!! I would have used at least 3 layers.

If it were me, I'd do a tight stipple all around it. The puckers are bad, but not the worst I've seen and "You can quilt that out" springs to mind. I don't think it will be noticeable with the tight meandering.
There is just one layer of stabilizer. The ladies at my quilt store said more should have been used, and said the tension was too tight. Also said something about digitizing the font, or something like that? I don't do embroidery so don't know the "talk". :)

I'm really trying to decide between hoping it quilts out, or just cutting this piece out of the top and putting another banner on. If I go with doing a new banner, I don't know where to take it to get embroidered. I'm worried this will just happen again.

But like a few others mentioned, I told my husband I was amazed these people could send this top back to a customer, surely knowing what a terrible job they did.
I do both machine embroidery (not for hire) and quilting, and I can tell you the satin stitches were too dense, and they did not use either enough layers or a heavy enough stabilizer. While you COULD try and remove the stitches, that would weaken your fabric in that area. FAR BETTER to to stippling all over that banner area (like it was supposed to be there). You would be AMAZED at the problems and mistakes that vanish with the right amount of quilting!!!