Old 09-18-2010, 07:36 AM
stefanib123

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i hope i'm wrong, but when they start marking down the hot sellers, it usually means that walmart is downsizing the fab department in preparation to get rid of it.

take note of the fact that those fabs have not been reduced in all walmarts.

ask the ladies who work in the department.
That kind of worried me, too. But, it was mainly the "QOM" stuff and they had a few Disney things marked down too, but it wasn't like the whole fabric section or anything.

Our WM done the "reset" thing that a lot of stores did when they stopped carrying fabric. There's a lady that works the fabric dept. that I love, I talk to her all the time, well, she told me then that they had to "fight" (her word) to keep the fabric dept. then and that she didn't think that we would ever lose our fabric dept.

At that time, they used to carry all kinds of notions, even the grace frames! So, when they done the remodel, they cut down to just fabric,(a decent sized selection, though) and a aisle of notions, and aisle of sewing machines.

So, I talked to her again a few weeks ago when someone posted on here that they heard that ALL Wm's were going to stop carrying fabric. She said that that had to do with the "reset" of the stores. That ours had already done that and that they would always sell fabric.

But, you never know when "corporate' will make a decision that the floor employees won't know until it happens!

I just hope they don't. The other WM close to me is like a lot has posted on here, where they are only selling the precut stuff. I don't even go to that store anymore.