View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Qbee

First, I want to tell you how wonderful it is that you are excited about your folks moving in with you. So many young people feel "put out" when they "have to" get more involved in their parent's lives. You aren't doing this because you have to but because you want to...GOOD FOR YOU!! We moved my Dad in when he was diagnosed with Leukemia a little over two years ago. Luckily we had the basement with a bedroom and bathroom. At first he wasn't feeling that bad so I tried to make it like a little apartment for him which he really enjoyed. Of course, as he grew more ill we had to make room for hospital beds, shower chairs, etc. My point is that I personally think it is an honor to be able to have multiple generations available for the kids. My kids LOVED going to "Pawpaw's Apartment" to visit and play games with him. I lost my Dad this past July and still miss him terribly but am so glad that we had some great times before he moved on. As far as what to do with all the stuff??? Everyone has given you some great tips for that! My only tip....don't worry to much about it!! Have fun creating your new family home :) Just take it one day and one room at a time like the others said. Good luck to you!