Old 09-18-2010, 03:44 PM
sewin'sam

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
I have this wall hanging I am making for my mom and it had some embroidery on it. I don't do embroidery so I found a shop near me that did monogramming and such. Took my top to them and the lady said no problem, they could do the embroidery on it. She suggested the font and the size. I liked both so said that was fine. I picked it up today and was very disappointed in the work done on it. It's not like me to complain so before anyone asks, no I didn't say anything to the people there at the shop.

I took the top to my quilt shop to ask the ladies there what my options were. (I had brought the top to them but they only knew one person who did embroidery for people but she had recently had surgery so wasn't working) They said either rip all the lettering out and have someone else redo it, or try and quilt tightly in the banner area to even out the puckers. It makes sense that those are my only options, but does anyone possibly have any other ideas? This is a gift so I want it done right. I know an embroidery shop that I won't be doing business with again. :(
Do you have anymore of the green fabric where the embroidery is? When do you need this? I would offer to do this for you at no charge, but I am going to be out of town until Nov. Find someone who can do a good job of embroidering & then cut out your piece & treat it like an applique over the top of the bad piece. (& it IS bad!) I would NOT accept that from them, they didn't use the right (or enough) stabilizer behind it, that's why it is all puckered like that! I would demand a refund at the very least! I threw away better pieces than that! What a shame! :x