Old 09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
jitkaau

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
I have this wall hanging I am making for my mom and it had some embroidery on it. I don't do embroidery so I found a shop near me that did monogramming and such. Took my top to them and the lady said no problem, they could do the embroidery on it. She suggested the font and the size. I liked both so said that was fine. I picked it up today and was very disappointed in the work done on it. It's not like me to complain so before anyone asks, no I didn't say anything to the people there at the shop.

I took the top to my quilt shop to ask the ladies there what my options were. (I had brought the top to them but they only knew one person who did embroidery for people but she had recently had surgery so wasn't working) They said either rip all the lettering out and have someone else redo it, or try and quilt tightly in the banner area to even out the puckers. It makes sense that those are my only options, but does anyone possibly have any other ideas? This is a gift so I want it done right. I know an embroidery shop that I won't be doing business with again. :(
I am surprised that it puckered. If there is enough stabiliser and stretch behind the work, it should be correct. I f you don't take it back they will not be encouraged to lift their game and others will go through this situation as well. I think you should be calm and negotiate a better deal from them, and point out why you are disappointed. If you can't do this, remove it from the back, very carefully and try to put applique lettering over it as the fabric will be marked and weakened from the original work.