View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 04:35 PM
jitkaau

Originally Posted by davis2se
So, for the past 4 years or so I have been saving money in what I have laughingly, but also semi-seriously, called my "face-lift account". A couple of months ago I actually went to a face lift seminar and found out that to have my droopy eyes and my droopy chin done I was going to need to save for another 4-5 years. I'm absolutely going to retire in March or April of next year, so....i decided the hubs and I would just have to live with droops, and I went out and bought myself a brand new Janome memory Craft 1100 Special Edition sewing maching AND a Baby Lock Evolution Serger - using most of my face lift fund to pay for them!!! WAHOOOO. The sales lady included a free 6 piece foot set for the serger as well as a Baby Lock serger tote, and a huge clothsetter, custom fit table thing for the Janome. I picked it all up today!! I am so excited. Included with both machines is 10 YEARS of unlimited service and cleaning. The bummer is that I have to work tomorrow until about 1:00, and then have to go with my husband to get him a new cell phone (he, the lucky dog, is retiring Sept 30). But on Sunday - it is just me and the new machines!! Actually, I'm only to start on the Janome. I've never used a Serger before, so am going to wait until I have the lessons (as many as I need/want included in the price). Just had to tell folks - I AM SO EXCITED.
I bought a Babylock Evolve serger when I retired. Don't waste any money on lessons - they are so easy to use and thread that there is no need for lessons.Put the money toward material - you will be much happier!