View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 05:40 PM
shamrock

My Huskystar machine works just great, I bought brand new right after they were introduced. I recently noticed my LED light was out, could barely see what stirch I was in, etc. Stopped at headquarters in Joanne's on a Sunday, lady tells me to bring it in for servicing (89.95) and they will charge extra for the bulb. So-$100.00 for a light! I take it in on a weekday, regular person on duty that has been there for years, calls service dept. to see what a bulb will cost. The bulb is part of the "mother board" and that will have to be replaced. Why is it Mother is such a comforting word, but mother board is scary. He says if I have had it less than 5 yrs, it should be covered by warranty. So I left it there with speciific instructions that if the board is not covered, do not do anything to it. The machine works fine, I didn't pay that much for the machine 4 1/2 yrs ago that I want to put that much money into it. Makes me wonder about the credability of the machine. Anybody else have this happen? To add more, I'm leaving this week for vacation .so my daughter is taking charge of it. The one good thing, she quoted me $79.95 for tuneup. I have no problem with that, its never been serviced.