Thread: Sewingroom
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Wine Woman

Yep! I'm in agreement with all of you. Specially about the DH not talking until its sewing time! As soon as I'm ready to sew all of a sudden he starts talking too. So what I do is invite him to come into the room with me because I'm going to sew. A couple of times he has joined me. He comes and talks for awhile and I start asking him about my project what he likes and doesn't like - ya know quilt talk - well he gets bored really soon and usually doesn't hang out too long! Then since I give him the talk about spending time together he decided ok I'll come and read for awhile but then I talk to much and with the sewing machine humming that was too distracting! Then I said come and watch tv for a bit but he ends up falling asleep so he totally understands now when I tell him I'm going to sew for awhile! :thumbup: :thumbup: He's a great man and I really think he likes his peace and quiet times!

As far as a mess in the sewing room-it all depends. It is unorganized when I'm sewing you tend to find things easier!
I try when I have to stop to have it somewhat cleaned up at least so you can walk in the room. After each project I take time to clean it up only to start fresh with my next project. :D :D